Friday, August 21, 2009

Hello, Kitty

Every few weeks, I get together with some like-minded crafty friends to hang out and make things. We're all different in our strengths and in what we make, or how we think about making things, so in addition to the camaraderie, we're learning from each other as well. Plus, one of the best parts of Craft Day is actually planning the project to work on.

We'll usually gather at Suj's, so I try to bring something portable. Although I have been known to lug both my sewing machine and my serger along. And my guitar. And dinner ingredients. And beer. (We'll make dinner [and sometimes desert] too - it keeps with the spirit of things.) Several months ago, I starting working on a cross-stitch Hello Kitty wedding pillow for Rima. Aptly, I also finished it at Craft Day.


Rima and I are both tea fanatics - sometimes more appropriately known as water snobs. Sure, some teas are better than others, and proper steeping times and water temperatures can't be wholly overlooked, but it all tastes like garbage if you don't use good water. Therefore, in addition to the pillow I also sent her a few tea tins, which Suj painted. I have no drawing skills whatsoever and Suj didn't have a project planned (very fortuitous for me) so I put her to work. :) She was happy to help and her painting turned out beautifully. Thanks Suj!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, those are lovely! Do you mind if I ask what kind of paint you used on the tins? I smell a project brewing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I used Krylon Acrylic Latex Enamel - I think I picked it up from the hardware store and just had it lying around. I'm not sure I would use it to do detailed work again, though - it's a bit thin and runny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loooooooove the pillow and tea tins!
    They are my little joys in life. :)

    Love you Hanna!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps...you should have named the post...
    "Hello, kNitty" HAHAHAHAH ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey- I just happened to come across this blog in a search for a hello kitty wedding cross stitch. Where did you get that pattern? My friend is getting married and she is the ultimate in hello kitty. Please let me know emily.eide@umontana.edu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work!! I love both!

    It just happened the same to me... could you please help me with the pattern? jonealiri@hotmail.com

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. hye...can i have the pattern too? i wanna do it for my wedding this coming april..email me back

    s0undl4cks@gmail.com

    or
    dia-honey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, so this is an older post, so I don't know if you still check this. But like all the other commenters, I was searching for a cross stitch pattern and this is perfect - how can I get the pattern?

    fall.of.autumn(at)gmail.com

    Thanks!
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete